TICKET Research Lab at the Antonine University is seeking self-driven research assistants who are energetic and passionate about creating state-of-the-art applications. As a research assistant, you will design, build proof of concepts, develop, benchmark as well as implement new performance and efficiency features.
Market Coupling is a way to join and integrate different electricity markets into one coupled market. In a coupled market, demand and supply orders in one market are no longer confined to the local territorial scope. Indeed, energy transactions can involve sellers and buyers from different areas, only restricted by the electricity network constraints. The main benefit of the Market Coupling approach resides in improving of the market liquidity combined with the beneficial side effect of less volatile electricity prices.
You will take part of a multi-national project with industrial and academic partners. Your task is to conceive and develop an innovative price coupling solution to be used to calculate electricity prices across several countries and for all the periods of a single day. The proposed solution will maximize the overall welfare and increase the transparency of the computation of prices and power flows. In a next step, you will develop and test the introduction of new market products and features.
- Freshly graduated or pursuing an MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French and/or English)
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Ability to follow complex instructions and work independently
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong object-oriented programming background (Python/Java/C++ strongly preferred)
- Good understanding of databases (SQL Server or similar RDBMS) and SQL language
- Familiar with source code version control systems (svn/Git)
- Experience in scripting languages (Python preferred) is a plus
- Experience in developing distributed and multi-threaded applications is a plus
Proficiency in Operations Research and Parallel Computing is highly appreciated.
Primary Location: TICKET Lab. 5th floor Bld. B, Antonine University, Hadat-Baabda
Salary: According to the candidate’s experience and profile
Start Date: as soon as the position is filled